The ketogenic diet is a style of eating that is low in carbs and rich in healthy fats.
It is a powerful way to transform your health, lose weight and find relief from some common health problems.
Medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) oil contains medium-length chains of fats called triglycerides.
Due to their shorter length, MCTs are easily digested.
MCTs have many health benefits are linked to the way your body processes these fats.
If you are following a ketogenic diet, you may include MCT oil to your daily diet to speed up weight loss process.
There are several reasons why MCT oil may be beneficial when you’re on a keto diet.
- MCT oil promotes the feeling of fullness in the body, it may even be better than coconut oil in keeping you full.
- MCT oil has about 10% fewer calories than long-chain triglycerides (LCTs), which are found in foods such as olive oil, nuts and avocados.
- MCT oil is processed differently in your body, it can be used as an instant source of energy, making it unnecessary to store fat for this purpose.
- MCTs can be converted into ketones, so consuming MCT oil can help you stay in the fat-burning state known as ketosis during a ketogenic diet.
- When you are on a ketogenic diet, MCTs can be converted into ketones in the liver to fuel your brain. That is why MCT oil can improve cognition and mental clarity.
To Incorporate MCTs into your keto diet, you can add it to daily coffee, smoothies, salad dressing and fat bombs.
If you just start adding MCT oil or MCT powder to your diet, here are some general recommendations that you can use as a guide.
- If you’re new to MCT oil or MCT oil powder, start off with small amounts like 1 to 1.5 teaspoons a day.
- Slowly increase your intake to 1 to 3 tablespoons a day without any issues.
- The typical dose is one to two tablespoons per day. This should provide you with all the MCTs you need to get the benefits we talked about earlier.
- Looking for product with C8 & C10 and acacia gum.
To enjoy the benefits of MCT oil, why not check out the following products:
Brain and Brawn Vegan Keto MCT Oil Powder is derived from 100% coconut oil, it is palm oil free and has no artificial ingredients or stimulants. It contains 100% pure C8 and C10 and prebiotic fibre - acacia gum (soluble fibre). It is an ideal dietary fat you can add daily to drink or food for a healthy sustained energy boost.
Brain and Brawn Collagen Keto Coffee - with MCT C8 & C10 and Grass-Fed Butter contains 100% arabica coffee, bovine collagen peptides, MCT oil powder - 100% pure C8 & C10, grass-fed butter and many more healthy goodies to boost your daily energy levels and is also great for hair, skin and nail health.